We’re very happy to be back to the office again and taking care of your smile.
On March 16th 2020, Gentle Dentistry closed the doors of all 12 Minnesota locations following the mandates of our and mandates from our governing bodies. While we were closed, we remained available for emergency needs and cared for our community every single day. As restrictions have lifted, we will be returning to the office while following some new processes as we begin to phase back into normal practice. Some processes may continue, and others may return to normal with time. Please read this update to help us safely return to normal practice.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same; our commitment to your safety and comfort. Infection control has always been a top priority and will remain our top priority as we continue to closely follow the guidance of the ADA, CDC and MN Board of Dentistry. We will not compromise your safety, or the safety of our team, so, in the coming weeks we may need to adjust schedules a bit. These changes are primarily dependent on the availability of PPE (personal protective equipment) supplies. Please know we are doing all we can to source and purchase PPE, so we apologize in advance if a schedule change occurs.
Preparing for Your Appointment
- When booking your appointment, note that appointment times could be a little longer than you experienced in the past. Anticipate another 10-15 minutes for pre-screening and new protocols.
- You may be asked to complete paperwork electronically or make payments online in advance to limit your time in the clinic.
- Prior to your appointment, we will communicate with you to ask some screening questions.
- You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- You need to wear a mask to the appointment and notify us when you arrive by calling or texting the clinic.
- You will be given the number when you confirm your appointment.
- Appointments will be managed for social distancing so you will wait in your vehicle until we call you in for your appointment.
- We must ask that only Gentle Dentistry patients enter the clinic. Exceptions will be made for children accompanied by a parent/guardian or those needing a PCA (personal care attendant).
What Will Be Different When You Enter the Clinic
- When you enter, we will take your temperature, and have you use hand sanitizer.
- You will see hand sanitizer throughout the office for your use as needed.
- You will notice that our reception area will no longer have magazines, children’s toys or décor items as those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- There will be limited seating in the reception area to assure social distancing.
- You will also notice that our staff will be wearing masks, gowns and gloves when they greet you, and your DDS and clinical staff will also be wearing a face shield. We are taking every precaution to assure your safety.
- We have also installed air filtration systems and other equipment to minimize aerosols from procedures.
- We are allowing more time for procedures and social distancing, so your visit may take a bit longer.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email or call us. Welcome back!
IMPORTANT: If you are infected with COVID-19 or think you may have been infected, please contact us before coming in. This way we can instruct you on where to go and how to proceed for the safety of all.